Some of my language impaired kiddos have a hard time grasping the concepts and story that ReadyGen has to offer. Personally, I found that the flow of ReadyGen moves so quickly, that by the time I feel like I've done the pre-work in prepping the kids for the story, then reviewing the characters and sequencing the events, and then using comprehension questions - they've moved on to a new story! Which, by the way is not the teachers faults by any means! It's just the way the program is set up. So, with that in mind I crafted an adapted version of Unit 1's stories to see how it would work. So far it's been a hit!
"A Bed for the Winter" was the first story I set out to adapt. The class is doing "where" questions and so I integrated those WH targets with the story vocabulary. The kids like the interactive aspect of pulling and putting on the vocabulary, and we're getting a lot of language out of the book!
Check out this great adapted book HERE on TpT and be sure to let me know if you want more of these!