In the world of "I just got a job and am poor" DIY(do it yourself) is a familiar scene. I needed some sensory bags so, in an effort to cut costs, I got a little crafty!
Here's what I used:
- Colored Ziplock Bags (I found these at my dollar store, if you can't find them eBay has them for pennies)
- Duct Tape (I used different patterned tape to differentiate between the bags - these can also be found in the dollar store or target)
- Sand, Water, Gel, Rice, Beans, etc. (anything sensory-esque)
Here's how I did it:
1. Insert a fair amount of sensory item into ziplock bag. Do not overfill the bag or else you're guaranteeing and explosion.
2. Seal the bag using the seal on the bag and the duct tape. Make sure you remove all/most of the air out of the bag. Again, avoiding explosion here!
3. If you're feeling super crafty you can wrap the entire bag in the corresponding duct tape.
4. TEST OUT THE BAG! Make sure to avoid a catastrophic therapy moment by testing the bag out to ensure there aren't any leaks!
5. Enjoy :)
Let me know how these work for you!